This summer we decided to take a family trip to Disney
Land (which by the way I considered a
success). So being the crazy woman I am, I wanted to have each family in shirts that were matching. My children decided each family should be a
different color so they picked out the colors and then I went to work using my
new sewing machine that embroiders to embroider a logo and name on each
shirt.
For the guys shirt I bought a surfboard pattern and for the
girls I bought a flip flops pattern and I began to embroider each shirt and
also put their names on it. I thought
they turned out really cute and everyone wore them on one of our days in
Disneyland. Some of my son-in-laws were
humoring me by wearing them because they knew I went to so much trouble.
As if the shirts weren’t enough I wanted to make some cute
sun dresses for each of the grand daughters, (I have 7) to wear to the
beach. I resurrected my old READ PlEATER
and decided that smocking across each of the sun dresses would be cute. This was a lot of work but it also gave me an
opportunity to show my daughter JaNae how to smock.
I’m proud to say all
of the shirts and dresses got done (but I was sewing some buttons on the dresses
in the car on the way to California).
No comments:
Post a Comment